Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday Salon: Best laid plans...

 Good evening...little late today.  I wanted to wait until I got the latest pictures of the puppy.  Of course.  He is 6 weeks old now, and we will pick him up in two weeks.  It is like we are anticipating a baby.  We are crazy.  Last weekend we actually got to FaceTime with Brody and his nanny.  We have the best breeder ever.  He is definitely on the heavier side of a six week PON.  The cats are just going to LOOOOOVE him.

















So the week started out good, or normal at least.  I was doing my thing, running here and there, going to the new trainer.  Then on Wednesday I casually picked up a small weight and completely threw my back out.  Man, it sucks being old.  So I've been laid up a bit...two trips to the chiropractor, lots of moaning and groaning, a heating pad and Advil.  Blah.  I'm going to try to get back to the gym tomorrow.  We will see how that goes.

Now that the Oscar contenders have been announced, we (primarily defined as my mom and I) are on a mission to see as many of the movies as possible.  This week we saw "The Imitation Game", "Ida" (nominated for Best Foreign Film and is Polish) and "American Sniper".  All great movies but "American Sniper" kinda blew us away.

On the reading front?  Eh.  I did start reading "Where All the Light Tends To Go", and is a troubling but easy read.  I am hoping to make some progress on it next week if I can stay away from that damned Wordbrain game.  On audio I finished "Lock In" by John Scalzi.  It was genius as far as world-building but the plot was a bit convoluted.  It still was pleasant to listen to Wil Wheaton narrating.  I'm now about halfway through "Ordinary Grace" by William Kent Krueger.  I intentionally didn't read the synopsis, so I have no idea where it is going, but I'm enjoying it so far as a coming-of-age tale.

Tonight we are eating food that is bad for us and watching playoff football games.  Go Colts.  The kids have tomorrow off, so that takes some of the Sunday night pressure off the table.  What has everyone been up to today?  




10 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Oh my gosh, could Brody be any cuter?

I want to see Birdman but I'm kind of afraid of American Sniper.

I hope you're back to your old self soon!

Iliana said...

Brody is just too cute for words! I bet you can't wait to have him home.

Hope you feel better! See what working out can do to you? :)

ds said...

Brody is adorable! The Mr. is watching Colts vs. Patriots. I gave up after Green Bay lost.
Hope you feel better soonest!

Anonymous said...

I hope there was lots of alcohol involved in watching the playoff game. Brody is so cute (obviously) and you are only a little obsessed since there was Facetime involved!
Jason wants to see American Sniper but I tend to shy away from war movies. Since it's his choice next I bet I'll be seeing it tomorrow. I've heard nothing but goods things.
Hope your back is better this week.

Literary Feline said...

Will I ever care about the Oscars again? Maybe when my daughter is older. My husband and I used to be on top of all that.

I hope you have a great week, Sandy!

Anonymous said...

OMG Brody is seriously the cutest!!!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Oh my gosh, that pup!!! So sorry about your back. Feel better soon. I'm trying to see as many Oscars noms as I can as well.

Unknown said...

That picture almost makes me want a puppy. :) I am not an animal person if you didn't know.

Marie Cloutier said...

Such a cute puppy. :-)
Birdman was good but I'm not interested in American Sniper. A friend of mine read the book and didn't like it, and the topic doesn't do much for me. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

Oh my gosh, what a cute little guy! You guys are going to have so much fun when he comes home.