Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Not So Wordless Wednesday: Chicago #3




Yeah baby!  If you are in Chicago, you must abide by the 11th Commandment:  Thou Shall Eat Pizza.  Preferably, the Chicago-style kind that is about six inches thick.  In our case, that was Giordano's, which is an institution in the city.  There are others (Pizzeria Uno and Pizzeria Due) and you won't be disappointed with any of them.  Please take note that these pizzas take about an hour to cook once you have ordered them, so plan accordingly.  In our case, we ordered ours while waiting for our table and hanging out at the bar, so by the time we sat down we didn't have much waiting time.  We were getting dirty looks from other customers sitting around us.  It is just THAT GOOD.  (I'm not going to tell you how many calories per piece.  Just eat it and be happy.)  



15 comments:

Beth F said...

Pizza calories don't count Really. I read that somewhere on the Internet.

Harvee said...

That looks so good, calories included!

JoAnn said...

You are making me hungry!!! Love the sign, too.

bermudaonion said...

Oh my gosh, now I want some of that pizza!!!

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

Oh, how I love Chicago-style pizza. I haven't needed to go there anytime this year for work so I'm missing it. You just can't get this style pizza outside of the city.

Ti said...

I remember eating there when I visited Chicago years ago. Actually, we didn't eat there, it was delivered to the freakin' hotel! When the guy delivered it, I saw this tiny box and thought I screwed up. Not realizing of course that inside was a pizza that could rival any doorstop on the market. What a delicious memory that is. I so miss pizza!!

Literary Feline said...

Oh my goodness! You are making my mouth water!

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I've been to Chicago, and can you believe I skipped out on the pizza. It does look all gooey and yummy, but i like a MUCH thinner crust. I think it's the New Yorker in me.

Alyce said...

Wow! I have never seen a pizza that thick! And my first thought was to wonder how long it would take to cook something like that, so thanks for mentioning the cooking time. :)

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Incredible! I need to make a trip up there just for that!

Anonymous said...

Just so you know: I have been so blessed by reading your blog and being exposed to new authors. I cannot tell you how many books I have read because of your blog! Thank you so much for the work you have put into it. I hope it isn't "dark" for long....

caite said...

It might be delicious...but to me it is not pizza. it is something else all together.

Jenners said...

OMG … I'm so hungry right now looking at that!

Anonymous said...

Just back from my husband's office party where I was forced to meet & greet. I did get 4 bites of lobster mac & cheese and a glass of wine. Needless to say, I'd hurt someone for that pizza right now!

Kathleen said...

I love pizza and this picture has my mouth watering, especially since I am back on my strict diet and fitness plan. I would love a slice of that!