Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Not So Wordless Wednesday: Chicago #1




I feel like I almost have a second residence in Chicago, I visit so much, but every time is an adventure.    On this particular trip, we took the train up from our rental house on Lake Michigan, and saw one of my favorite cities through the eyes of my husband's nephew and nephew's girlfriend from Poland.  With each new city they visited, they declared it their new favorite, but I think Chicago was their true favorite of all.  

These are two shots from Millennium Park, and pretty famous icons of the city.  The top photo is the Jay Pritzker Pavilion (designed by Frank Gehry) where there are outdoor concerts.  The lower photo is the reflection of my son and I in The Bean (officially known as Cloud Gate, designed by Anish Kapoor).  



6 comments:

caite said...

I have never been to Chicago...but you make me want to visit.

bermudaonion said...

I love your photos, especially the bottom one. Chicago was their favorite only because you didn't bring them to Greenville. ;)

Meg @ write meg! said...

Chicago is one of my favorite cities, too -- so beautiful and cool! I didn't get to see the Bean, though. Next time!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know The Bean had a different name! Cloud Gate is kinda cool, but I think The Bean is entrenched.

Alyce said...

Every time I see photos of The Bean I want to go there just to see what kind of cool snapshots I can get. Someday hopefully!

Trisha said...

We really need to meet up sometime when you are up here!